STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Resort Targets Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 9, 2015-As the New Year unfolds, Steamboat Ski Resort & Corporation celebrates National Safety Month with special seminars, demonstrations, programs, clinics and contests for all ages and ability levels of skiers and snowboarders.
“This is a very important initiative for the resort and across the industry,” said Chris Diamond, president & chief operating officer of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. “While there is an increased focus this month, the resort works all season to showcase these unique safety programs, including its award-winning #BuddyUp campaign, while opening the sport to winter enthusiasts in a safe and fun way.”
Steamboat Ski Area will host a variety of safety programs during National Safety Month that incorporate the overarching resort theme Buddy Up. As we all know, there is always room for a buddy when playing in the mountains, especially when enjoying one of Steamboat’s signature deep powder days. The majority of the resort’s efforts during the safety month campaign will be focused around Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend, including the following:
- Meet Patrol, Saturday, Jan. 17 & Sunday, Jan 18: The individuals who help keep the mountain safe will be on-site in Gondola Square to provide information and answer questions about mountain and slope safety. Learn about tree well safety, deep snow safety, backcountry safety and any other topics you may have questions on. You may even get to meet Bear the Safety Dog!
- #BuddyUp, Saturday, Jan. 17 & Sunday, Jan. 18: Come with your buddy and pick up this year’s #BuddyUp stickers to encourage people to ski with a buddy. Stickers will be available, and guests are encouraged to share pictures of themselves and their buddies on social media. Post a photo using the #BuddyUp to show your support for this fun safety initiative and help spread the word.
- Fit For Snow, Saturday, Jan. 17 & Sunday, Jan. 18: New this year, the resort introduces Fit For Snow, a program encouraging good hydration and nutrition geared toward winter sports enthusiasts. Find out tips from resort staff on how to properly fuel up for a day on the snow and the importance of staying hydrated at altitude.
- Beacon Basin Avalanche Awareness: Snow safety and avalanche awareness can be practiced daily in Beacon Basin, the resort’s snow safety area at the top of Sunshine Peak. Patrollers are always on hand to help offer assistance and tips. It is recommended to use your own beacon, that way you are learning with the device you own as each model is a little different.
- Bear’s Blog: Check out Bear the Safety Dog’s blog, Bear Essentials.
- Poster Contest, January 2015: Safety Month kicks off the annual Steamboat Safety Awareness Poster Contest for elementary school children with visits from patrol. In addition to prizes, overall winning entries will be displayed at the resort and will then be submitted to the National Ski Area Association’s national contest.
This past year, the NSAA Safety Award for Best Use of Web/New Media went to Steamboat for its #BuddyUp social media campaign, which recognized exceptional resort initiatives to educate guests and employees about skiing and snowboarding responsibly.
Steamboat is famous worldwide for its authentic western atmosphere, friendliness, Champagne Powder® snow and Olympian tradition. One of North America’s top family resorts, Steamboat encompasses 165 trails, 3,668 vertical feet and nearly 3,000 skiable acres with six peaks filled with world-class groomed cruisers, bumps, steeps, meadows, legendary trees and five terrain parks.
- BUD LIGHT COWBOY DOWNHILL CELEBRATES 40 YEARS STAMPEDING INTO STEAMBOAT
New Cowboy Up and Balloon Glow Events Kick Off Festival on Sunday, Jan. 19th Shooter…
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY AND LEARN TO SKI/RIDE MONTH
Resort Targets Learn & Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 18,…
- Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase
MEDIA ALERT WHAT: Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase WHEN: SATURDAY, January…
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES LEARN TO SKI/RIDE MONTH WITH SPECIAL PACKAGE
Two-Days of Lessons, Equipment And Lift Tickets Opens World of SnowSports to First Timers STEAMBOAT…
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.