STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Resort Targets Safety Through Seminars, Programs & Clinics
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 11, 2016-As the New Year unfolds, Steamboat Ski Resort & Corporation celebrates National Safety Month with safety machines, special seminars, demonstrations, programs and clinics for all ages and ability levels of skiers and snowboarders.
“This is a very important initiative for the resort and across the industry,” said Rob Perlman, president & chief operating officer of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. “While there is an increased focus this month, the resort works all season to showcase these unique safety programs while opening the sport to winter enthusiasts in a safe and fun way.”
Steamboat Ski Area will host a variety of safety programs during National Safety Month that incorporate the overarching resort theme ‘Buddy Up’. As we all know, there is always room for a buddy when playing in the mountains, especially when enjoying one of Steamboat’s signature deep powder days. The majority of the resort’s efforts during the safety month campaign will be focused during the day around Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend, including the following:
- Classic Air Medical, Saturday, Jan. 16 & Sunday, Jan 17: Steamboat Ski Resort has joined forces with Classic Air Medical to allow guests to get up close and personal to a Bell 407 helicopter air ambulance involved in mountain safety, remote response and search and rescue operations. In an effort to promote increased awareness during National Safety Month, this program allows the public to see this special vehicle on Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am to 1:30pm (weather permitting) on Tower trail at the top of the gondola.
- Winch Cat On the Prowl, Jan. 16 & Sunday, Jan 17: Snowcats and the Winch Cat, which uses a dime-size cable to groom slopes, can be encountered anytime on the mountain. See this powerful machine up close and understand how it works because this big cat will bite and knowing winch cat awareness could save your life. The winch cat will be on display from 11:30-1:30pm on Tower trail at the top of the gondola.
- Meet Patrol, Saturday, Jan. 16 & Sunday, Jan 17: The individuals who help keep the mountain safe will be on-site in Gondola Square to provide information and answer questions about mountain, slope and chairlift safety. Learn about tree wells, deep snow, backcountry, chairlifts, uphill and any other topics you may have questions on. You may even get to meet Bear the Safety Dog!
- #BuddyUp, Saturday, Jan. 16 & Sunday, Jan. 17: Come with your buddy and pick up this year’s #BuddyUp stickers to encourage people to ski with a buddy. Stickers will be available, and guests are encouraged to share pictures of themselves and their buddies on social media. Post a photo using the #BuddyUp to show your support for this fun safety initiative and help spread the word.
- Beacon Basin Avalanche Awareness, Saturday, Jan. 16: On Saturday at 1pm, members of patrol will offer a demo on beacon usage and awareness in Beacon Basin, the resort’s snow safety area at the top of Sunshine Peak adjacent to PHQ. In addition to Saturday’s program, patrollers are always on hand to help offer assistance and tips throughout the season. It is recommended to use your own beacon, that way you are learning with the device you own as each model is a little different.
- Bear’s Blog: Check out Bear the Safety Dog’s blog, Bear Essentials.
Steamboat is famous worldwide for its authentic western atmosphere, friendliness, Champagne Powder® snow and Olympian tradition. One of North America’s top family resorts, Steamboat encompasses 165 trails, 3,668 vertical feet and nearly 3,000 skiable acres with six peaks filled with world-class groomed cruisers, bumps, steeps, meadows, legendary trees and five terrain parks.
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Resort Targets Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 9, 2015-As the…
- Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase
MEDIA ALERT WHAT: Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase WHEN: SATURDAY, January…
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY AND LEARN TO SKI/RIDE MONTH
Resort Targets Learn & Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 18,…
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.