STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY AND LEARN TO SKI/RIDE MONTH
Resort Targets Learn & Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 18, 2014-As the New Year unfolds, Steamboat Ski Resort & Corporation celebrates National Safety and Learn to Ski/Ride Month with special seminars, demonstrations, programs, clinics and contests for all ages and ability levels of skiers and snowboarders.
“These are two very important initiatives for the resort and across the industry,” said Chris Diamond, president & chief operating officer of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. “While there is an increased focus this month, the resort works all season to showcase these unique initiatives and programs, while opening the sport to winter enthusiasts in a safe and fun way.”
During the entire month of January, learning to ski or snowboard had never been easier with Steamboat’s never-ever learn to ski and ride special. With a small class size and the best instructors in the business, you’ll be on your way to learning a sport that will last a lifetime. Steamboat utilizes specially designed learning terrain, lifts and equipment from Burton and Rossignol that helps accelerate the learning process. Enjoy expert all-day instruction for two consecutive days, a two-day lift ticket, two days of equipment rental for just $199 until January 31st.
Steamboat Ski Area will host a variety of safety programs during National Safety Awareness Month that incorporates the overarching resort theme ‘Buddy Up’. As we all know, there is always room for a buddy when playing in the mountains, especially when enjoying one of Steamboat’s signature deep powder days. The majority of the resort’s increased efforts during the campaign will be focused around Sunday, January 19th, including the following:
- Poster Contest, January: Safety Month kicks off the annual Steamboat Safety Awareness Poster Contest for elementary school children with visits from patrol. In addition to prizes, overall winning entries will be displayed at the resort and will then be submitted to the National Ski Area Association’s national contest.
- Meet Patrol, Sunday, Jan. 19-Friday, Jan. 24: The individuals, who help keep the mountain safe, will be onsite in Gondola Square to provide information and answer questions about mountain and slope safety. Learn about tree well safety, deep snow safety, backcountry safety and any other topics you may have questions on. You may even get to meet Bear the Safety Dog!
- #buddyup! Photo Booth, Sunday, Jan. 19-Friday, Jan. 24: Come and have your photo taken with your buddy in front of the #buddyup! backdrop. Post to social media using the #buddyup! to show your support for this fun safety initiative and help spread the word. The backdrop will be next to the patrol tent.
- Coca-Cola Hydration Zone, Sunday Jan. 19, 2-4pm: Coca-Cola will be in Gondola Square sharing the importance of hydration while skiing and riding with samples of Zico Coconut Water and Dasani Water.
- Beacon Basin Avalanche Awareness, Wednesday Jan. 22, 10-2pm: Snow safety and avalanche awareness can be practiced daily in Beacon Basin, the resort’s snow safety area at the top of Sunshine Peak. Patrollers are always on hand to help offer assistance and tips including special coverage on Wednesday (1/22) from 10am-2pm. Bring your own beacon so you are learning with what you have as each devices is a little different.
- Cody’s Challenge Town Challenge Race #1, Thursday Jan. 23, 6am: Come and participate or watch the inaugural mountaineering race, which starts and finishes at the base of the resort. We will be out there promoting our uphill access policy and ringing cowbells! This event is run by the Cody St. John Foundation, a non-profit organization set up in memory of Cody St. John to benefit Professional Ski Patrollers in their mission to provide top notch emergency medical care on their local mountain.
- Bear’s Blog: Check out Bear the Safety Dog’s blog, Bear Essentials.
- Steamboat Facebook Page Daily Safety Message: Check out the daily safety reminders during the week. Like the Steamboat Facebook page and like the daily updates to help spread the safety word through social media.
Steamboat is famous worldwide for its authentic western atmosphere, friendliness, Champagne Powder® snow and Olympian tradition. New this winter, powderhounds will enjoy the new Four Points Lodge, Night Skiing and Riding on the lower mountain, expanded snowmaking, enhanced grooming with new snowcat groomers and a new feature in the Lil’ Rodeo Terrain Park. One of North America’s top family resorts, Steamboat encompasses 165 trails, 3,668 vertical feet and nearly 3,000 skiable acres with six peaks filled with world-class groomed cruisers, bumps, steeps, meadows, legendary trees and five terrain parks.
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Resort Targets Safety Through Seminars, Programs, Contests & Clinics STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, CO-January 9, 2015-As the…
- STEAMBOAT CELEBRATES LEARN TO SKI/RIDE MONTH WITH SPECIAL PACKAGE
Two-Days of Lessons, Equipment And Lift Tickets Opens World of SnowSports to First Timers STEAMBOAT…
- Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase
MEDIA ALERT WHAT: Classic Air Medical Celebrates National Safety Month with Helicopter Showcase WHEN: SATURDAY, January…
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.